Monday, October 20, 2008

Biodata

I am a fourth year student in National University of Singapore, with major in Statistics and Minor in Financial Mathematics. I am expected to graduate in May 2009 with 2nd upper honors degree.

Besides study, I joined various Co-Curricular Activities to enrich my University life. I lived in NUS Temasek Hall for 3 years, so I joined several hall activities. I was the vice head of the photography committee in NUS Temasek Hall, where I learned semi-professional photography and photo shop skills. I joined Chinese Production Committee and played as 2nd main character in the annual Chinese show. Besides Hall activities, I also joined school activities. I was the Chairperson of IEEE NUS Student Branch Membership Sub-committee. And I volunteered to help at NUS Career Centre as a Career Guide.

From these activities, I gained leadership skill, organizing skill, inter personal communication skill and became a good team player. I do believe these experience will benefit me in my work in the future.

2 comments:

grace kim said...

Hi Wang Xu,I can see you're quite an active student and that's good! Instead of telling us what you have learned/gained from participating in the various activities, you might want to write your post in such a way as to show that you possess some of these skills.

Do be careful of your tenses eg.in your very first line, you should use the present continuous tense since you are still studying here in NUS unless you want to phrase it a different way to state that you are a fourth-year undergraduate in which case you will write "I am a fourth-year ..."

靥靥Caroline said...

Thank you Ms Kim. I have made some minor change of the post.
I am still thinking of how to change "what I learned from the activities" to "skills that I possess." shall I write like this:" I have photography skills.I used to be the vice head of photography committee in NUS Temasek Hall" ? But I cant see the difference between these two format